Don’t let oily skin bring you down. Read on and see how you may be able to get rid of oil once and for all.
1. Do not use any form of facial scrub on your skin. Scrubs stimulate your skin to produce more oil. Instead you can use products with salicylic acid which may minimize oil production in your skin.
2. When it comes to cleansing, make sure to clean your face once in the morning and once at night. Choose a cleanser with a gentle PH balance and one that is slightly acidic.
3. After cleansing proceed with toning your skin. Simply place a few drops on a cotton ball or cotton pad and proceed to wipe your whole face with it. Avoid having the cotton ball/pad pass by your eyes.
Choose a toner free from acetone or alcohol. These ingredients are so drying that it sends a message to the oil gland, making it believe that it needs to increase the production of oil in your skin.
4. Follow your toner with a light moisturizer that is oil free. Some assume that since their skin is oily they no longer need to moisturize. This assumption is wrong. Oil and moisture are two completely different things and even oily skin needs moisture. Aside from the moisturizer, hydrate by drinking lots of water.
5. Use an enzyme, BHA, AHA mask twice a week. Any more than that will cause the skin to be stimulated and produce more oil. The mask will improve circulation and oxygen exchange that will in turn give you a glowing bright skin.
6. In order to tighten pores, you may also use a clay mask once a week. This will keep the pores clean and away from a build-up of dead cells that may cause skin damage.d
7. Remember that consistency is the key. Never retire for the night without going through the process of your skin regimen. The skin is very active during sleep. It uses this time to repair any damages during the day. Help your skin regenerate by staying consistent with your skin care regimen.
8. Natural is the way to go. Avoid products that has perfumes, coloring agents, synthetic chemicals and mineral oils. Such chemicals may lead to more production of oil in your skin. So avoid it at all cost.
9. When it comes to makeup choose the products that are oil-free. Instead of cream based products, which are already filled with oil, opt to use powder makeup. Powder will help you control the oil on your face more effectively while cream based products will only make your skin so much oilier.
10. Since you have an oily face and oil make everything rancid more quickly make sure to wash your face cloth and makeup implements at least once a week.
11. A professional help is also welcome. To keep the oil at bay go visit your trusted dermatologist and ask her to perform a diamond dermabrasion at least once a month.
Follow the tips stated above, not only will your oily skin be improved you will also find yourself with a glowing, beautiful and healthy skin.